USA: 1-800-338-3568 | CANADA: 1-866-591-5594
IBS 2018 is on Now and Duradek is There with Reliable Waterproofing Advice
What Builders Can Learn at IBS
The NAHB International Builders Show is the most anticipated annual event for professionals in the residential construction industry. The 2018 IBS show is taking place in Orlando, Florida from January 9th – 11th, 2018. IBS is the largest residential and light commercial trade show in the world and it can be an invaluable resource for trade professionals who want to maintain a competitive edge by staying informed on the best product solutions for practical building applications.
Shows like the International Builders Show (IBS) as part of Design and Construction Week allow building product manufacturers to showcase their best products so construction professionals know what resources they can rely on for their residential construction projects…and that’s not always just a good product. It’s a good product backed by experience.
IBS 2018 is an incredible experience for attendees with Welcome Ceremony keynote by NFL’s Terry Bradshaw to kick it off, and a very convenient IBS app to make the best use of your time at IBS by scheduling and routing the journey through the massive exhibit halls. Over 8,000 attendees and 1,500 exhibits mean the most helpful thing in addition to the IBS app is a good pair of walking shoes.
The educational opportunities are huge with over 140 education sessions, a builders clinic with 3 full days of demos, master sessions and more. Other features like the New American Home and the New American Home Remodel are a worthwhile stop on your IBS journey.
Even the ‘experts’ that we turn to for our home improvement advice attend shows like IBS to stay informed on what is going on in the building industry as far as best practices, new techniques, and the latest innovations. Whether it is home improvement radio personalities or HGTV celebrity home improvement hosts, the experts go to shows like IBS to find the best solutions.
Discover 10 Things About Duradek PVC Waterproofing Membrane
A look back at IBS 2015, home improvement radio hosts James and Morris Carey, the Carey brothers, recorded their live broadcast “On the House” from IBS where they were able to talk to a great selection of building product experts including John Ogilvie, president of Duradek.
Even though Duradek has been successfully waterproofing decks and flat roofs for over 40 years, many builders are not yet aware of the advantages of Duradek’s pedestrian roofing membrane. Duradek president, John Ogilvie, was able to provide some very straightforward points about Duradek for builders or designers who want to incorporate the desirable feature of a pedestrian flat roof deck.
- Duradek is the solution for decks above living space.
- Duradek is a sheet vinyl membrane glued down to a plywood or concrete substrate.
- Duradek is the waterproofing and the pedestrian surface in one product; different from liquid applied or torch-down roofing with something over-top to walk on.
- Duradek is like a flooring product.
- Duradek is applied with a glue and a heat-weld with a lap.
- Duradek is a waterproofing product first. Duradek is a roofing company with a good looking product.
- Duradek is unique in that you walk right on the membrane; no further protection is required. Duradek has an attractive, slip-resistant surface.
- Duradek has a life expectancy of 15-20 years.
- Duradek is not a do-it-yourself product. Waterproofing is too important for D-I-Y.
- Duradek has no climate restrictions in North America.
You can check out the Carey Brothers’ highlights from the IBS 2015 show or “On the House” radio show online in its podcast archives, or listen here for a portion of the IBS live broadcast where you can hear the 2 minute interview with Duradek president, John Ogilvie.
If you are a builder who would like to inquire about how you can add the time-proven, reliable Duradek brand of deck waterproofing to your offerings, check out how to become a Duradek Dealer for more information.