Plazadek Floating System Substrate Recommendations
The first step towards a completely waterproofed floating deck system is a properly prepared substrate. All Duradek vinyl options must be installed on a flat, smooth surface; including untreated plywood and concrete.
Some of the overlay options in floating deck systems can create a heavy dead-load. In these cases a consultant should verify the structure can accept the added weight.
Resources for details on substrate preparation:
- Techtalk #126 CAN: Plywood Sheathing and Deck Construction Recommendations, Rev May 2015
- Techtalk #126 US: Plywood Sheathing and Deck Construction Recommendations, Rev May 2015
- Techtalk #126 Supplement: Plywood Requirements Supplement, Sept. 2014
- Techtalk #140: Duradek Application to Concrete, May 2013
- Techtalk #161: Duradek Application to Sealed or Coated Surfaces, March 2012
For more information on substrate preparation, please see our Substrate and Edge Trims page.
Plazadek Floating System Detailed Assembly Drawings
- Collection of all 4 Plazadek Assembly Drawings: PDF