Plazadek Floating System Substrate Recommendations
The first step towards a completely waterproofed floating deck system is a properly prepared substrate. All Duradek vinyl options must be installed on a flat, smooth surface; including untreated plywood and concrete.
Some of the overlay options in floating deck systems can create a heavy dead-load. In these cases a consultant should verify the structure can accept the added weight.
Resources for details on substrate preparation:
- Techtalk #126 CAN: Plywood Sheathing and Deck Construction Recommendations, Rev October 2018
- Techtalk #126 US: Plywood Sheathing and Deck Construction Recommendations, Rev October 2018
- Techtalk #126 Supplement: Plywood Requirements Supplement, Rev October 2018
- Techtalk #140: Duradek Application to Concrete, May 2013
- Techtalk #161: Duradek Application to Sealed or Coated Surfaces, March 2012
For more information on substrate preparation, please see our Substrate and Edge Trims page.
For more information on Pedestal and Protection layers, see Techtalk#173 – FAQ on the use of Duradek with Pedestal and Protection Layers.
Plazadek Floating System Detailed Assembly Drawings
- Collection of all 4 Plazadek Assembly Drawings: PDF
- Plazadek Assembly – Wood Decking on Sleeper Overlay: A-1: DWG | PDF
- Plazadek Assembly – Concrete Paver Overlay: A-2: DWG | PDF
- Plazadek Assembly – Interlocking Stone Overlay: A-3: DWG | PDF
- Plazadek Assembly – Poured Concrete Overlay; A-4: DWG | PDF