Deck Expert, Bill Leys, will be at JLC Live Northwest on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 conducting a conference session that focuses in on tile deck best practices, and you can get a $30 discount (code SPKG) if you register before November 7th.
As a licensed contractor in California and owner of DeckExpert.com, Bill Leys specializes in the installation of deck coatings for decks over living space and is very familiar with the Duradek family of deck waterproofing solutions. An authoritative voice in the deck building industry, Bill brings a not-to-miss highlight of JLC Live Northwest with his education session. Since waterproof decks and/or tile-covered waterproof decks rate high on the list of components claimed to have construction defects, this is an incredibly valuable 2 ½ hours for any construction professional who takes on decking projects.
Bill presents “Construction and Waterproofing Methods for Walking Decks and Tile Covered Decks” which takes place on Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The session covers best construction practices and will be divided into two parts. The first half discusses pedestrian deck systems and best building practices to construct a well built and long lasting deck assembly. The second half instructs on roof decks and how to properly build and waterproof them for a systems to last 30+ years.
Learning objectives include:
- Best practices when installing new waterproof systems for tile.
- Best practices in building and framing a deck that will receive tile, which materials are available for waterproofing tile decks.
- How to properly sequence the waterproofing of the deck with the construction of the building.
- Tile Council of North America standards and methods for tile decks. (Durdek Ultra Tiledek has been tested to meet TCNA ANSI specification for load bearing, bonded, waterproof membranes for thin-set ceramic tile and dimension stone installations.)
- Reduce your risk of exposure to liability.
JLC Live Northwest 2013 takes place at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, OR with conferences from December 4 – 6 and Exhibit Hall from December 5 – 6.
Register at JLCLIVE.com with promo code SPKG by November 7th, 2013 to receive a $30 conference discount on a 3-day conference pass. Your conference pass includes:
- Free access to the live demos and clinics
- Exhibit Hall
- Welcome Party
JLC Live Northwest is the premier regional industry event for residential construction in the Pacific Northwest and offers real world construction education with a conference program that highlights fundamental business and technical skills.
If you are in the Pacific Northwest and are interested in waterproofing solutions for decking, you can also talk to Matt at Duradek Northwest who is a waterproofing expert in his own right!